How to Write an Essay Conclusion
Do you agree that the best thing to remember is what was said last? Most people believe this statement is absolutely true. And if we talk about academic work and in particular about the essay, this statement is very useful and appropriate, because the teacher pays special attention to the initial and final part of the work. That is why we should not treat the writing of this part carelessly, and give it no less attention than writing the introduction and the main part.
By writing the conclusion, the student must achieve 3 goals:
- to mark the end of the essay. To do this, use special words-bundles and introductory words;
- to remind the reader of the main ideas set out in the essay. This can be done by briefly outlining points of view or rephrasing the main thesis;
- leaving the reader with your last thoughts on the topic. This is your opportunity to convey a strong, effective thought that your reader will remember.
If you are not sure of your abilities, please contact type my essay for me for help, or read this article, which will tell you how to write the final part of the essay.
Types of conclusion
Depending on how you finish your essay, the conclusion can be divided into the following types:
- if your essay was written in the form of a dialogue, providing for the formulation of the question and the answer to it, the ideal conclusion would be a rhetorical question at the end of the essay. This will leave an element of easy understatement and allow the reader to think about everything and give an answer to the final question. Formulate it in such a way that it does not imply a specific answer, but hints at something;
- the standard version of the conclusion is a summary of everything that was written in the essay. It will be enough to formulate a conclusion on the content or stressing that the main purpose of the essay is achieved;
- as a conclusion, you can use the call for readers to concrete actions for change the situation or the problem discussed in the essay;
- as a conclusion can serve a quote or statement of an authoritative person in the matter under consideration if it is appropriate.
Methods of writing the conclusion
In order to be completely ready to write an essay from beginning to end of it without being distracted, it is necessary to take care of the choice of the method of writing the essay before the beginning of writing the whole work. And what are the methods of writing an essay, now find out:
- as you work on writing the main part of the essay, make notes about what can be written in the conclusion. Pay special attention to this process during the writing of the main thesis, because in conclusion, it is necessary to draw conclusions about it;
- to encourage yourself to come up with ideas for writing an essay, ask yourself «and what?», and try to give a few answers about the topic and content of your essay. Try to conclude by reflecting the maximum benefit of the entire essay;
- encourage the reader to mentally engage in dialogue with you, this can be achieved not just by repeating everything said in the essay in other words, and using methods that will encourage him to argue or agree with you.
Design of conclusion
To correctly and competently written conclusion of the essay was also correctly designed, read the following simple recommendations:
- you should not write the title of the conclusion, even start it with a new sheet is not necessary. Just complete the main idea of the main part and start writing the conclusion with a new paragraph, do not use any special delimiters;
- when writing the conclusion, take into account the volume of the entire essay. Do not write the conclusion of a large volume, if the entire text of the essay took you 2-3 pages. Take 5-10% of the total volume to the conclusion.
Tips for writing a conclusion
- Make a conclusion based on the material from the main part, coordinating it with the conclusion.
- Do not write in the conclusion the new facts and ideas that were not in the main part;
- Write a conclusion in the same style as the entire text of the essay, do not add elements inherent in a completely different style, otherwise, the conclusion will be different from the entire essay;
- Avoid phrases and expressions that will reflect your doubt and uncertainty;
- Make the conclusion logically complete, so that the reader does not have a sense of incompleteness.